Friday, July 8, 2011

Where in the world is.....


These next couple of months are going to be crazy, so I figured I’d give you the run down now before everything starts to get insanely busy.

July 20 Head down to Windhoek for the All Volunteer Conference

July 21 & 22 All Volunteer Conference
We’ll spend these days talking about issues affecting volunteers like how to manage stress and personal resiliency. Plus having all the current Peace Corps Namibia volunteers in one place? Heck yeah!!

July 23-August 10 Reconnect
Believe it or not, I’ve already been at my site for almost three months, which means it’s time for Reconnect. And for me, it couldn’t have come at a better time. It’s time to recharge my emotional batteries, get answers to the many questions I still have lingering in my head and just hang out with other 33ers.

As for the actual training, we’ll be talking about topics like male engagement, project design management, and of course having some language classes.

August 12 Head back to Opuwo

August 22-September 2 Victoria Falls trip!!

Monday Aug. 22nd
Pick up our rental car in Windhoek and drive to Rundu & stay with PCVs there for the night.

Tuesday Aug. 23
Go to Botswana & visit Chobe National Park.
Stay for 2 nights, with one full day of driving through the park.

Thursday August 25
Depart to Livingston, Zambia
Stay in Victoria Falls area for 5 nights.

And while at Victoria Falls, I plan on doing a half day white water rafting trip, the zipline and a sunset/booze cruise. Check out more information at: Activities at Victoria Falls

Tues August 30
Check out of the backpacker’s lodge and stay in Caprivi area

Wed August 31
Depart Caprivi area and stay somewhere near Rundu or Grootfontein

Thursday September 1
Drive to Windhoek or Okahandja

Friday September 2nd
Drop off rental car back in Windhoek


Let the fun begin!!

1 comment:

  1. My sister Melissa is arriving today as a PCV in Namibia. I hope that you get to meet her.

    ReplyDelete